- Me: I had a panic attack when I found out he was doing it. Everyone is going to end up dying. A minimum of one hero will die.
- AJ: I know. But if he kills Iron Man then I will never watch any of his stuff again.
- Me: ....
- AJ: Okay, well, none of his new stuff.
- Me: I was gonna say, cause you'd be giving up Buffy.
- AJ: Yeah, well, I've already seen it twice so...
- Me: Right. Well I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that someone will die. Hope it's Black Window. Then again, she's the only woman so...
- AJ: I don't want Iron Man to die... and I really hope he doesn't kill Thor.
- Me: Thor is a God.
- AJ: So?
- Me: So it would be so difficult to try and kill him...
- AJ: Joss Whedon can kill ANYBODY.
- Me: ....point.
I’d fuck Han, because roguish scoundrels are sexy (admit it, you would too). I’d marry Leia for her Princess inheritance, and also so she can teach me how to do my hair in awesome styles like that. I’d kill Luke, because he’s pretty emotionally unavailable on account of being a Jedi.
- Student: I'm not going to go to college because I don't want to go into debt.
- USA: YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT. YOU'RE GOING TO AMOUNT TO NOTHING YOU FUCKING SCUMBAG. YOU'RE THE REASON WHY MY TAXES ARE SO HIGH.
- Student: I'm just going to attend a small community college instead.
- USA: HAHAHA YOU WERE TOO STUPID TO GET INTO A GOOD UNIVERSITY. ENJOY YOUR MCDONALD'S DIPLOMA.
- Student: I attended a four year university and received a diploma in a field I am interested in. Now I am $50,000+ in debt.
- USA: YOU DUMBASS. WHY THE FUCK DID YOU GO TO COLLEGE WHEN YOU KNOW YOU COULDN'T AFFORD IT? YOU DIDN'T EVEN CHOOSE A USEFUL MAJOR EITHER. GOD PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE ME SICK.
I see a slow, simple youngster by a busy street,
With a begging bowl in his shaking hand.
Trying to smile but hurting infinitely. Nobody notices.
I do, but walk by.
An old man gets naked and kisses a model doll in his attic
It’s half-light and he’s in tears.
When he finally comes his eyes are cascading.
I see a beaten dog in a pungent alley. He tries to bite me.
All pride has left his wild eyes.
i wish i had my leg to spare.
A mother visits her son, smiles to him through the bars.
She’s never loved him more.
An obese girl enters an elevator with me.
All dressed up fancy, a green butterfly on her neck.
Terribly sweet perfume deafens me.
She’s going to dinner alone.
That makes her even more beautiful.
I see a model’s face on a brick wall.
A statue of porcelain perfection beside a violent city kill.
A city that worships flesh.
The first thing I ever heard was a wandering
[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/song-of-myself-lyrics-nightwish.html ]
Man telling his story
It was you, the grass under my bare feet
The campfire in the dead of night
The heavenly black of sky and sea
It was us
Roaming the rainy roads, combing the gilded beaches
Waking up to a new gallery of wonders every morn
Bathing in places no-one’s seen before
Shipwrecked on some matt-painted island
Clad in nothing but the surf - beauty’s finest robe
Beyond all mortality we are, swinging in the breath of nature
In early air of the dawn of life
A sight to silence the heavens
I want to travel where life travels,
Following it’s permanent lead
Where the air tastes like snow music
Where grass smells like fresh-born Eden
I would pass no man, no stranger, no tragedy or rapture
I would bathe in a world of sensation
Love, goodness and simplicity
(while violated and imprisoned by technology)
The thought of my family’s graves was the only moment
I used to experience true love
That love remains infinite,
As I’ll never be the man my father is
How can you “just be yourself”
When you don’t know who you are?
Stop saying “I know how you feel”
How could anyone know how another feels?
Who am I to judge a priest, beggar,
Whore, politician, wrongdoer?
I am, you are, all of them already
Dear child, stop working, go play
Forget every rule
There’s no fear in a dream
“Is there a village inside this snowflake?”
- a child asked me
“What’s the colour of our lullaby?”
I’ve never been so close to truth as then
I touched it’s silver lining
Death is the winner in any war
Nothing noble in dying for your religion
For your country
For ideology, for faith
For another man, yes
Paper is dead without words
Ink idle without a poem
All the world dead without stories
Without love and disarming beauty
Careless realism costs souls
Ever seen the lord smile?
All the care for the world made beautiful a sad man?
Why do we still carry a device of torture around our necks?
Oh, how rotten your pre-apocalypse is
All you bible-black fools living over nightmare ground
I see all those empty cradles and wonder
If man will never change
I, too, wish to be a decent man/boy but all i am
Is smoke and mirrors
Still given everything, may i be deserving
And there forever remains the change from G to E minor” —Tuomas Holopainen, Song of Myself
I am totally naming it 1812. And if possible, I will teach it to sing the 1812 Overture.